Good Food, Good Company, Good Memories.
We are a residential and nursing home but also have a Day Club which helps our members to continue living in their own homes. We are open weekdays from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
We encourage independence, but help is available with personal care, such as an assisted bath. We can arrange for health professionals to visit, as well as hairdressers and chiropodists.
Locally sourced, freshly cooked delicious lunches are provided as well as other refreshments during the day. Special dietary requirements are also catered for.
We offer a wide range of activities:
- Art and crafts
- Bingo and musical bingo
- Board games: scrabble, draughts, ludo
- Entertainers: pianists, singers, magicians, dancers
- Movie/ice cream afternoons
- Poetry corner
- Themed afternoons: St Georges Day, Burns Night, Christmas and Bonfire night
- Visits from children at Widcombe Acorns pre-school, PAT dogs, chickens and Sharandy’s birds of prey.
- We also offer gentle daily exercise.
In line with our Christian ethos, there is a short devotional time each day for anyone who would like to attend.
Day Club members are usually referred to Bridgemead by medical professionals, GPs and social services. For self-referral, please contact us