In 2022 we reach the milestone of 30 years’ of successful care. We want to use this as a platform for celebration events and raising nearly £1 million to build-in flood resilience and give hope and delight to the residents of the next 30 years.
Bridgemead was opened nearly 30 years ago. Its aim was and is to provide a Christian community for Bath residents needing to move into a well-managed nursing and residential care home. Bridgemead is that home-from-home. We have continued to provide good care in our Covid-free home throughout the pandemic in our city centre, riverside location.
However, as we look ahead we also need to address the increased flood risk, arising from the impact of climate change. With that in mind we have designed and tested a range of flood defence options. Our agreed design is progressing through the final design stages and we have begun the task of raising the nearly £1 million required to complete the works. We are fortunate in having the platform of the 30 years’ celebration events to launch our efforts.
You will provide support to the Fundraising Team maintaining close ties with the Home Manager, the Trusts and Foundations Fundraising Adviser and with the Friends of Bridgemead. You will be managing volunteers and contacts with donors. You will be working with others to organise events including attending some and handling the resultant follow up.
• Self starter and well motivated.
• Proven multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
• Effective communication skills, including writing emails, letters, leaflets and using social media.
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to interact with rich donors and volunteers, church leaders and members, trustees and other advisers or suppliers.
• Solid IT skills including using and maintaining database software.
• Understanding of and empathy with our values.
• Some experience of initiating and organising events would be useful.
• Some experience of fundraising would be useful.
• Some experience of volunteering would be an advantage.
• Adequate flexibility to allow evening or weekend working – events, volunteer contact, etc.
• If you can drive and have a car (or cargo bike) that will be advantageous but is by no means essential.Please send your CV and letter of application to The Chairman, Nick Coates on firstname.lastname@example.org.
£22,000 – £25,000 per year
Contract, 1 year, Part-time